söndag 19 april 2015

En smakebit på söndag - 19 april


Nu var det ett tag sedan jag deltog i en smakebit på söndag
så jag kände att det var dags att delta igen.



Betrayed, exploited and forgotten. How one boy overcame the odds.
A powerful and shocking memoir of a young boy whose good behaviour and excellent manners hid a terrible past.
Tayo arrived with only the clothes on his back. Calm, polite, and very well spoken, Tayo was nothing like the children I normally fostered. Surprisingly, the social worker had no records for Tayo: no school files, family history, or medical records. It was as if Tayo didn’t exist. Tayo wouldn’t answer any of my questions about his past. Only when I saw a scar on his arm did he begin to tell me his dreadful story. It was unbelievable, but I had never met a child before (or since) with such loyalty, strength, and inner resolve. 



Min smakbit:

Tayo,' I said firmly; listen to me.
You will never ever be hungry with me, I promise you that.
You will always have regular meals. I've looked after other children
who hadn't been fed and I know the feeling you're talking about.
Those children felt the same thing.
Did they? he sai. I thought I was the only one.
No, love, unfortunately not. It's more common than people think.

Är ni nyfikna på vad andra läser denna söndag så klicka dig in 










3 kommentarer:

  1. Det verkar som detta kan vara en riktigt gripande bok. Dock är jag inte säker på att jag skulle klara av att läsa den :) Trevlig kväll!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Uff, stakkars ungen! Det er forferdelig hvordan så mange barn er vant til et slikt liv som Tayo hadde. Altfor mange mennesker som aldri burde fått barn :/

    SvaraRadera