Blog Tour for The Experiment + Guest post







The Experiment, a new novel from the imaginations of Cindy C Bennett, Sherry Gammon, and Jeffery Moore!





Time is running out for the Collaborative's oppressive rule of the remote world Senca One. The government attempts to suppress the escalating riots, even while seeking to further their experiments. When their parents are taken, triplets Juliet, Cilla, and Emiah Tripp set out to locate them, and soon discover they are at the center of a hunt to capture them.




Evading the Collaborative across Senca One’s harsh terrain, they’re confronted with the trials of survival. They also discover something that changes the very core of their reality: they’re morphs. Struggling to adapt to the strange new ability, they question what they really are . . . and why. Are the rumors of experiments done on children true? Did their scientist parents have anything to do with it?




Their quest brings them to the capitol city of Brighton, which is on the verge of revolt. While searching for information about their parents, the Tripps align themselves with the very people fueling the rebellion. They unwittingly spark the revolution they want no part of and discover something more dangerous than they suspected.



Read an excerpt here.



Read More on The Experiment Blog or on The Experiment Facebook Page



Available Now at These Retailers:

Amazon Barnes & Noble Smashwords CreateSpace Kobo



About the Authors







Jeffery Moore

Moore was born in Germany. As a military brat, much of his childhood was spent abroad, growing up in Germany on military installations. He subsequently enlisted in the military and served for ten years as an army pilot. While in the military, he lived in Italy and South Korea and deployed to many European countries. He has traveled to Australia, Japan, Singapore and most European countries. His experiences and contact with many different cultures helps form some of the elements in his stories. He currently works for a global IT company and lives in Massachusetts.






Find more about Jeffery and his work at www.jefferyemoore.com








Sherry Gammon

Unlovable was Gammon's debut novel and quickly rose to
many top seller lists on Amazon. She is pleased to announce that Unlovable is
currently being made into a movie. She has added two more novels to her body of
work.
Not so Easy, book one of the Souls in Peril series, is the poignant story
of Max Sanchez who is on a journey to help the struggling JD Miller survive
high school, and
Pete & Tink, a fun, light-hearted novella of a
manga-loving geek and a five-and-a-half inch fairy. Gammon and her husband, along
with their children and a couple of crazy dogs, call Upstate New York home. It
is where she spends her nights writing instead of sleeping.






Find more about Sherry and her work at www.wordpaintingsunlimited.com








Cindy C Bennett

Bennett is the YA author of several books, including Geek GirlRapunzel Untangled, Enchanted Fairytales, and Heart on a Chain. She lives
in Utah and has six kids (two of which are daughters in-law). She loves gooey
cookies, dark chocolate, and cheese popcorn. She hates housework and cooking,
and has no plans to become a domestic goddess. She occasionally co-hosts a geek
podcast with her son, called Geek Revolution Radio. Her favorite pastime is
riding her Harley.






Find more about Cindy and her work at www.cindycbennett.com






Visit the other blogs on the tour by clicking here.



I asked the authors to share what they think in the subject if bookstores will disappear and how eBooks affect them as authors.




Jeffery
Moore: My take about whether bookstores will disappear and how eBooks affect
us. I like to use a comparison to another industry that floundered with the
advent of the ‘digital age’. Photography. Growing up in the ‘70s and ‘80s I was
really big into photography. I would spend weekends with my Pentax SLR camera
and take hundreds of pictures. I would go to a darkroom and develop the photos.
It was a great hobby. Then in the late ‘90s, when digital cameras emerged, I
said, “This is crap.” The quality of pictures was poor. Printing them was at
best cumbersome and crappy when done on a ‘home’ printer. Yet, digital
photography advanced, got better, got cheaper, got broader appeal, and quite
quickly became the mainstream, leaving only a few diehard originalists.


I see
books eventually going the same way. The publishers are fighting the trend, but
I think it’s a losing battle. If I want nice quality photos without investing
in the hardware needed to produce them, I can take my USB drive with my
selected photos to the drug store and have them printed out. If I want a paper
copy of a book, I’ll be able to take my USB drive (or some other device not
invented yet) to the drugstore and get a copy printed and bound (i.e. print on
demand).


Cindy C
Bennett: I agree with Jeff. Great analogy with the cameras. I myself am a fan
of the eBook, mainly because I adore the idea of carrying a large number of
books with me on a single, small, portable device. And I like that if I’m
somewhere and forgot my Kindle at home, I can pull it up on my phone and begin
reading where I left off.


I think
as people become more familiar with eBooks and readers, particularly since the
upcoming generations are so “techy”, that paper books are going to become a
cumbersome item that few people will prefer over eBooks. So yes, I think I can
see bookstores becoming mainly an online presence, with a few independent
bookstores remaining open to sell “vintage” paperback copies.


Sherry
Gammon: I can’t really add anything that has not already been said. EBooks are
the way to go anymore. I only buy paper versions of a book if I really love the
novel. EBooks are too convenient and don’t require a bookshelf of which I have
two huge floor to ceiling ones already, and another downstairs.








Books We’d Like to See Become
Movies:


Alexandra asked us for a top
ten list of books we’d like to see become movies. Since there are three of us,
we’ll each give you our top 3, and the 10th book will be our own, The Experiment (who doesn’t want to see
their book on the big screen?).





Cindy C Bennett:


1. The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson: Love these and would love
to see what they did to make flying kids realistic.


2. Insight by Jolene Perry: Fascinating look at being cursed to see
someone’s future anytime they touch you.


3. Sugar Coated by Shannen Crane Camp: I love dystopian novels, and
this is one of the more original ones I’ve read in a while.





Jeffery Moore:


1. Armor (Steakley) Love the concept of how the hero wants to die and
yet while in battle fights ferociously to survive.


2. The Madness Season (CS Friedman) is by far the best take on a
vampire.


3. Drizzt Do'Urden (several Forgotten Realm series by Salvatore).
Though I’m not a huge fan of High Fantasy, but Salvatore does a fantastic job
at creating a hero we sympathize with and root for.





Sherry Gammon:


1.   
The Anansi boys (Neil Gaiman)
Love this novel and would love to see it on the big screen


2.   
Can You Keep a Secret (Kinsella
Sophie) One of the funniest books
I’ve ever read! Didn’t care for all the F-bombs, but it was a great read and
would be an awesome movie.




3.   
The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman) Again, I loved this quirky novel! It would be an amazing
movie.



Kommentarer

  1. Alexandra - Lots of hugs and gratitude to you for being part of the blog tour and helping to spread word of our book!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you for the spotlight!! We appreciate your time and the space you've allowed us on your blog!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar